OAKLANDS WOLVES WOMEN’S FOOTBALL ACADEMY
CREATING & DEVELOPING TOP FOOTBALLERS
Arsenal Women are pleased to announce we are now accepting applications for our Oaklands College Women’s Football Academy for September 2021-22.
Our Dual Career Academy provides a full-time football and education programme for players who aspire to play at the highest level, while also committing to an academic programme of study or work-related training programme.
Arsenal Women have now linked up with Oaklands College in St Albans, Hertfordshire who will become their Principal Further Education Provider for the Academy from Sept 2020. This will allow all players in the WSL Academy to complete their academic studies at Oaklands College while also completing their football education with Arsenal Women FC.
As well as our WSL Academy programme, we can now also offer female players of varying ability levels, a 16-19 football education programme with Oaklands College. This enables players of varying levels to also be involved in a full-time football education programme delivered by Arsenal Women FC while studying at Oaklands College.
Our new link with Oaklands College also enables us to offer residential options for elite players that live further afield who may wish to live on campus at Oaklands in their new 80 bed residential accommodation facilities.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED...
- All students joining the Academy must be enrolled onto a full-time course at Oaklands College.
- Players joining Oaklands AWFC will be required to purchase the Adidas kit bundle, more information regarding this will be provided upon application and enrolment.
- Players who are invited or promoted into the Arsenal Under 21’s WSL Academy Squad, will receive the official Arsenal training and playing kit bundle.
- The academy takes a holistic approach to player development, it’s not just about playing football, it’s about creating an inspirational environment where players can develop into well rounded, independent young women. Players will be expected to follow the behavioural code and conduct associated with Arsenal Women Football Club.
VIRTUAL OPEN EVENT VIDEO
ACADEMY BOOKLET (Coming soon!)
Meet our coaches…
HEAD COACH, FOOTBALL ACADEMY
Elliot joined Arsenal in 2017, starting at Arsenal FC’s boys pre-academy, before moving into his current role within Arsenal Women. Elliot holds a number of roles including Youth Development Phase Lead, overseeing all female youth players from U14s – U16s, as well as coaching the U21s Academy and Oaklands College Programme. A former coach at Reading F.C. Women, Elliot has experience developing players from U14s through to the Women’s First Team.
GK COACH, FOOTBALL ACADEMY
Ian leads the goalkeeping provision across all U9s – U21s within the Arsenal Academy and has been involved with Arsenal Women since 2014. Ian holds the UEFA B Licence, B Licence Goalkeeping award and works specifically with all of our U14s – U21s goalkeepers. He also runs five of his own goalkeeping academies across the country.
ACADEMY ADMINISTRATOR & ASSISTANT COACH, FOOTBALL ACADEMY
Lucy joined Arsenal Women FC in 2015, where she started coaching within community projects and Player Development Programmes. After completing her Masters in Sports Psychology, Lucy began the role of U10s Head Coach, more recently leading the U12s. A UEFA B Licenced coach, Lucy has a wealth of coaching experience including working as a Education Mentor at the Stevenage Football Foundation.
ACADEMY S&C COACH, FOOTBALL ACADEMY
Amy joined Arsenal Women in Oct 2019 having previously worked at AFC Wimbledon where she was the Boys Lead Academy Sports Scientist/ Strength & Conditioning Coach working with a range of age groups from 9-U18s. Amy has played football herself for over 15 years up to national level. She has completed an MSc in Strength & Conditioning degree at Middlesex university, she is a Level 3 Advanced Personal Trainer and also gained her FA Level 2 in Coaching Football. Amy is responsible for the physical performance and athletic development of all players across the Arsenal Academy including the WSL Academy U21s and the Oaklands College squads.
ACADEMY PHYSIOTHERAPIST/GRADUATE SPORTS THERAPIST, FOOTBALL ACADEMY
Laura joined Arsenal Women in Oct 2019. Having graduated from University of Hertfordshire in 2017 she has since gained experience in Canada as a sports therapist, working at Luton Town, England Rugby League University squad and also London Broncos as their Scholarship Lead Therapist. Laura is responsible for the medical provision across the Oaklands College Academy programme and also provides support for other Arsenal Academy teams when required.
WOMEN’S TEAM NAMES
- Arsenal WSL Academy U21s – this team represent Arsenal Women in the FA WSL Academy League
- Oaklands AWFC Elite – elite college team and play within the National Football Youth League
- Oaklands AWFC Development – development college team and play within the ECFA Premier League
LEVEL OF ATHLETE
- Arsenal WSL Academy U21s – Playing at the highest level of the game, aged 16-20 and International experience is desired.
- Oaklands AWFC Elite – Aimed at players with good experience at a high level club including RTC/Academy or Player Development Programmes.
- Oaklands AWFC Development – Aimed at players with good grassroots club experience who wish to develop their football ability.
HOW MANY IN EACH TEAM?
- Arsenal WSL Academy U21s – 18-22 players
- Oaklands/AWFC Elite – 18-20 players
- Oaklands/AWFC Development – 18-20 players
INFORMATION ABOUT PROGRESSION TO HIGHER TEAM
- Arsenal WSL Academy U21s – The next step for players in this team is to step into the Arsenal Women 1st team squad.
- Oaklands AWFC Elite – Players in this team may have the opportunity to step into the Arsenal Women WSL Academy U21s Programme.
- Oaklands AWFC Development – Players in this team will have the opportunity to progress into the Oaklands/AWFC Elite squad and possibly the Arsenal WSL Academy U21s Programme.